AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lamberton Strip Tillage Days
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deereman23
Posted 7/25/2006 21:47 (#29842 - in reply to #29801)
Subject: RE: one more thing

Bardstown,KY
This strip-till sounds like its a big thing .I guess there is that big of a loss when going to no-till .We used to only no-till the high ground and did our bottom ground conventional and if anyone asked we would have told them that no-till and the bottoms don't work.Now maybe 10 years later we no-till everything and are getting better yields than ever .This year we are headed for a good corn yields if everything goes right so far so good but a ways to go.I would say if things keep heading in the direction they are heading we will have alot of 175 bu corn and some of the better ground could go 200bu .Now I should not be counting unhatched egg but that is just to say what could happen if I could plan things. To me these are good yields for a good year can these yields not be gotten in the areas that say they can't no-till by no-tilling or is this yield just not enough
Now that I have confused everyone do you think you will ever no-till .I would like to hear some on the reasons for not no-tilling i'm sure yield is the number one factor.Just wondering about how things work in your part of the country.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)