AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

backhoe for a project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/25/2006 08:07 (#29650 - in reply to #29647)
Subject: Re: backhoe for a project

I bought a used CAT 416B last spring. It has 4wd, extenda-hoe, cab, & 4n1 bucket. Only option that it doesn't have is a.c. but our main time of use will be late fall & early spring so that shouldn't be much of a problem. Ours is a '95 & was at the upper range of your price range. When I started looking at really wasn't looking for one with the 4n1 bucket but after having it I wouldn't give it up. Sure comes in handy grading a building site or picking up large objects like a tree. It's amassing how big a tree it will pick up & carry.

Drawback to the CAT that I see is cost of parts. They also outsource a lot of components, rear-end is Ford, trannny is Spicer. So when it came to changing oils it takes 5 kinds of oil. The one thing I like about NH over CAT is the way the rear window folds up out of the way. The NHs are a one piece window where as the CAT is a 2-piece that the bottom window slides up into the top windows frame & then folds. NH has more clearance.

We have had some electrical problems with ours but I think we finally have them straightened out. Things to look for is loose bushings in the hoe & loader. Work the hoe boom up & down & back & forth to check for any slop
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)