AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me, What is the inert ingredient in Gly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 7/14/2006 10:14 (#26500 - in reply to #26108)
Subject: RE: Tell me, What is the inert ingredient in Gly?

All of the active ingredient in product labeled as containing Glyphosate is the same, it has to be that's what labels are for. Problem is the active ingredient is a very small portion of the total package.

It's not as big a deal as it was when generics first came on the market, but there are some formulation differences that can affect performance. Do you think RU Original Max and WeatherMax are the same product with different names? I'm not going to plug generic over branded or vice versa, but there are differences. Weigh those differnces versus cost to see what makes more sense to you.

Most of the difference in formulation that can affect performance is in the adjuvants added to the product at the factory. Some product you have to add more adjuvants in the field than others to get the same performance. If companies leave those adjuvants out of the formulation (and replace it with something much cheaper), they can sell a cheaper per gallon glyphosate and some farmers may not realize the difference when comparing products.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)