AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody else ready to quit RR beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 7/9/2006 17:51 (#25113 - in reply to #25105)
Subject: RE: Anybody else ready to quit RR beans?

Another nice thing is you can plant bin-run beans. I plant about 50 acres of certified seed each year for new seed. The other 600 acres we take bin-run beans and have them cleaned. Works great. For me the cost savings in seed and tech fees offset the higher chemical costs. Plus conventional beans seem to yield a little better in my area (swmn). Just put down a good pre chemical like tri-4, prowl, or valor. Coming back post with First rate or Pursuit, Flexstar, Harmony, and maybe Fusion. Just depends on what I have for weeds. Maybe one field may only get one or two products, and the next one will get all 4. I just do a quick weed check before I spray to see which fields need which chemicals. Maybe takes a little more weed management, but at least weed are dead. Only thing when spraying, Fusion needs to be sprayed alone. It doesn't like to be tank mixed with anything. So 2 trips when I need to spray for grasses and broadleaves. Just saying how it works for me, maybe different for you. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)