AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tall Narrow Rear Tractor Tires for Spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDPlowboy
Posted 7/9/2006 13:33 (#25070)
Subject: Tall Narrow Rear Tractor Tires for Spraying

sw MN
I want to plant my corn in twin rows ( 2 rows 6-7 in apart on 30 in centers) next year and my beans in 15 in like I do now. This will leave 23-24in to fit the tires down for spraying corn. In beans I want to keep the sprayer tires and tractor tires set on 90 in and run over only 2 rows(like I do now.) I spray with a JD 4440 with a 3pt wheel boom (boom weighs 2400 pounds) with a 1000 gal tank pulled behind that. The sprayer has 13.9R38 tires. The tractor has 18.4R38. The tractor will do no tillage or planting but will sometimes pull a 600 bu single axle manure spreader. Will 14.9R46 step up rims and tires work ok? A local tire dealer said a metric 50 in tall tires would be better but I would need to use taller front tires too or the tractor would be running up hill. What size tire will handle the weight without sinking to china? The 14.9R46 would be much cheaper than the 50in tires and all 4 rims and tires for the tractor. If this is the case maybe I should trade the tractor and sprayer off for a self propelled. Like a JD 6500 or something.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)