AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler/stackwagon question for Scott or...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rodney R
Posted 7/9/2006 23:03 (#25204 - in reply to #24731)
Subject: RE: Baler/stackwagon question for Scott or...

SE PA
Did you get the fluffy bales figured out? I can't say that we ever had anything like that.... The 1048, that's a 2 bale wide model, right? And the bales are on the table laying flat? I'm not sure that there's any real way to make the bales much better. If you can pick them up, then they've got to be relativly decent shape. We're running the skiis, 2 wedges, no extension, no threading on the doors, and I have the tension for wheat straw right about 3.0..... Normally for hay (almost any kind) I'll run about 2 (that is straight across the gauge, right?), and if we bale towards dark, I'll slim it down towards 1.

The only thing that I could say would be to just make them a little tighter - more hyd tension. The problem (and even with the skiis) is that the size of the bale is determined right behind the plunger. I know folks that tried to use the skiis to slim down the size of the bale, and it didn't work, since the bale size is made just in front of the skiis. I do think that the faster you drive the more 'fluffy' the bales get - it seems like the bale needs to have a certain amount of time inside the baler - bigger flakes just aren't compressed as well.

So, I'm not much help at all.....

Rodney
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)