AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strange spot in soybean field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BRIAN
Posted 7/10/2006 21:31 (#25402 - in reply to #25023)
Subject: RE: Strange spot in soybean field

Graymont Illinois

I have a place in one field that I believe has had many lightening strikes over the years. This is close to the road power poles but more amazing is it is not far from a major power line. The steel erector type lines, I think Modern Marvels had a show on the helicoptors that service these lines. Did not see show but witness these guys doing that. They are amazing. 30 mph wind and coptor looks anchored in sky. Men step off coptor onto tower.

Anyway, we farmed this ground for about 43 years and this spot   takes a lot of lightening hits.

Since you are famous for your photos. Wished I would have taken photo last year during our drought here. Amazing what good starting subsoil moisture can do to a growing season. A round circle about 13' diameter wilted beans over. Thought it would make a great what did this photo. I am 99% sure. It was a large rock about 8-10" deep 13' diameter. We found this rock tiling, had to back up and restart around. My new blu jet and shear bolts. It is on endrows so I know this spot.  Brian

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)