AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OLD Tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 7/7/2006 23:51 (#24747 - in reply to #24715)
Subject: Re: OLD Tractors

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Real nice guy wife and I work for owns them. He is a fan of older JD tractors, so that is what he uses to pull balers with. Really they work very well for the job, they don't transport very fast but it usually isn't more than a mile or two to the next field. One nice thing is they are dedicated baler tractors, so they never need to be unhooked. They are very well taken care of old tractors, and I always kinda enjoy running them, but I just get to help bale a few times a year. We usually only bale hay for a few hours in the morning when it is nice and cool. One thing about small balers, unless a guy needs a fleet of tractors for other crops, a hay farmer usually runs out of tractors quick. Hard to justify a high $$$ tractor just to run a baler from May-Sept. I know some of those tractors are twice as old as I am and still work perfectly and run great. JD built them to last, a lot of good engineering in them.

I think the pictures are from late last year in 4th cutting, at least the one below is. I am just pirating pictures from my lovely wife's photo album. The balers are all New Holland 515's that make a 16x23x46" bale. Maybe I will try and request some more pictures of the haying operation, I know she has some but in what folder I don't know. The only digital camera around here is her fancy Canon that probably cost more than my pickup, I ain't taking it to the field, so we will let her take the pictures.

(7-5-06 039-2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 7-5-06 039-2.jpg (43KB - 244 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)