AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Goofy shift probs MTX-135
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

more trouble
Posted 7/4/2006 07:52 (#23919)
Subject: Goofy shift probs MTX-135

My McCormick MTX-135 recently developed another electrical(maybe) problem which is one of many problems, mostly electrical. When it is cold as in hasnt run for awhile it shifts pretty normally, I am talking the 4 clicks for different speeds in any one range. After it gets warmed up to operating temps, it shifts two gears at once , sometimes, and then next shift does NOTHING. Asked dealer and they said you might have a loose ground wire, over by battery box. otherwise we would be glad to come out, diagnose it, fix it 'maybe' and send you another huge bill. I have a loader on this too so pretty congested with valves and hoses as well as tires are moved way in for 30" rows. I cant find the proper ground wire they refer to.(Helps to take battery cover OFF as well as the steps on that side are off.) Baling hay where you are going twice too fast or twice too slow is NOT good. Also spraying does same thing but can compensate by throttle to get desired speed. cant do that baling, have to stay throttled down below 1500 for baler!! Where do I start looking for this fix of, problem of the day, for this Monday morning electrical nightmare???Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)