AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Operator control instinct
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cotman
Posted 7/3/2006 18:14 (#23799 - in reply to #23751)
Subject: RE: Operator control instinct

NW Tennessee
Whenever I have a plug at the header on our 9600, I still try to slap the dash (that isn't there) to dis-engage the electric clutch like I did on my old 7720. And we've had the 9600 since `93! I sort of have an excuse for that, I only run it when shelling corn. Another operator runs it cutting beans. I logged a whole lot more hours in the 7720 than the 9600. After corn harvest, I'm on the cotton picker. Which is going to create a new set of "problems" this fall. I've been running a 9965 for the last 12 years or so, but after it burned last fall, will be running a 9986 now. I have no idea what I'll be confused about in that machine, but I know it will be something. I have 2 pickups, one `97 F-250 with a manual transmission, the other an `05 F-250 with an auto. So I stomp the floor quite often in the newer truck looking for the clutch. And like the other posts below, I want my hydraulic hoses hooked up right! Plus, I stomp the differential lock on our 4840 when trying to tilt the steering wheel. I hope this doesn't signal mental problems, if it does, I'd qualify for a disability check!

Edited by cotman 7/3/2006 18:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)