AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sprayer problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 7/3/2006 13:34 (#23749 - in reply to #23649)
Subject: Use your controller........

Nevada, Iowa
.........I didn't read all the other responses so if this is a repeat, ignore. Fill with water, park where a little contamination won't be an issue(if the sprayer isn't thoroughly clean) then you should be able to program in a ground speed with your MT, you can then monitor the sections of the boom separately while parked. Turn on an outside section in manual mode (not auto) and read the GPA and then do the same with the center. You should be able to do the same thing with gallons for a timed period, gallons should be fairly close to double for your center section for the same timed period. This should give you a little info to proceed on. If your GPA is low for the center section you must have some sort of restriction. I had a sticky electric diaphragm valve once that did just as you describe, I didn't think this could happen with the ball valves but you might check that first. I wouldn't be too concerned about the division of nozzles per valve although it would be nice to see them closer. You might also try switching feed lines per ball valve once you have actually determined that the center is applying less. Just some random thoughts and you must consider the source!! Let us know what you find.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)