AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4710 fuel related problem,,apparantly,,,SOLVED!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 7/2/2006 14:13 (#23541)
Subject: JD 4710 fuel related problem,,apparantly,,,SOLVED!!!!

South Central Kansas, Harper County

Thought I would update you guys on my currant situation on my 4710 sprayer(I know when I read threads like mine, I'm always interested in how the problem was fixed).  Last time I posted I had put an electric inline fuel pump on the sprayer, just to see if it would help.  Well, it did run a bit better, but not like it was supposed to.  I contacted local JD service manager and told him my results, and he said the only thing I had not and they had not checked was to take the injector pump off and take it to a diesel shop.  Eventhough the original tech that had been working on my problem, kept telling me it was not the injector pump, in his opinion.  Anyway, I drove the sprayer the 13 miles to the dealership(and I know that if I had not had my electric fuel pump inline, it would never have made the trip), and told them to have at it.  This was on a Thursday, and the diesel shop to take the pump to was in Wichita, about 60 miles away.  Friday midafternoon the next day the local JD service manager called(apparantly they had taken the pump up to Wichita early Friday morning), and told me the tech at the injector shop thought he knew what the problem was, stating he was sure the problem was in the transfer pump.  He said he could go ahead and tear the injector pump completely apart(for $500) but really didnt think I needed to have that done.  So I said, great, just fix the part, and Ill keep the $500 for another time.  I was told, the part would have to be ordered, so I expected not to get my sprayer back until Tuesday or so of next week, and was surprised when I had a voice mail on my cell phone late Saturaday afternoon from  service manager at local JD, telling me the sprayer was sitting out back, ready to go.  I picked it up on Monday, and with the exception of a wiring problem on a wheel motor solonoid, have been   SPRAYING! successfully with it ever since!!!!Smile   Boy, it is really nice to have the sprayer running like it was designed to do!  I had the JD autoguidance(steeringwheel) put on when I had purchased the sprayer, but never had a chance to really see how it would operate.  It works well, and I dont know how I could spray without it, and still watch those 90' booms bouncing over terraces!(lol)  I had asked my service manager exactly what the "transfer pump" did with the injector pump, and he told me it did the same job my little electric fuel pump was doing, push/pull the fuel into the injector pump.  For those of you(myself included,at that time) that dont know where it is located it is the pump/valve assembly where the manual primer pump is attached.  Thanks for all your helpful suggestions trying to troubleshoot my problem.

Jim 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)