AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help me understand plant tissue test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

york
Posted 6/25/2006 11:45 (#21858 - in reply to #21763)
Subject: RE: Some observations as to alfalfa may help.

Berlin, Germany
Hay Wilson in TX - 6/24/2006 17:55
Tissue testing should tell you which element (singular) is the one limiting productivity. Fix that and the next limiting element will make it's self known. To bypass some of this there is a long string of ratio's (N/S 14/1). You will need a better understanding of mathematics than I do to get the most out of these ratios. Therefore I keep it simple and look at only 6 or 8 ratios. These ratios are referred to as DRIS. Easy to compute the ratios, understanding is not, for me.

I use soil and tissue test results for next years fertility decisions. That and to pass judgement on last years application.

Interesting that there are more ratios to look at. Could you share a link for the DRIS? Also are this ratio's based on results of nutrition tests ore did they came out of statistic's?
As you said that you are using the CEC model and a intensive soil analysing tool the tissue sample should be by far be quiete predictable. And you are right if you correct on need you will see the next coming. So look at what caused the one in need to get in need and also on the interactions.

Looking forward to the info on DRIS:

York
Berlin, Germany
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)