AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dang waterhemp regrowing, corn almost canopied
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenswede
Posted 6/23/2006 17:09 (#21572 - in reply to #21466)
Subject: RE: rates/weed size

Urbandale Ia, (but originally from SE IA)
Field was custom sprayed. I'm not sure what time of day they got there, but I know that it didn't rain on it. Got a couple of tenths a few days after it was sprayed. Dealer told me today they used 27 oz. of r.u.p., (not sure which flavor) and the rate of Lumax used would have had 2 oz. of Callisto in it. I thought by combining Callisto and Round-up, we'd really smoke'em. If the waterhemp wasn't 6", it was getting pretty close. They finally sprayed it about a week - 10 days after I would have liked to had it done, but I'm not the type of guy that would ride their butt everyday until its done.
Last year it was no-till corn following beans. I used Clearfield corn, put 1.5# Atrazine down pre-plant and followed up w/ Lightning & Callisto. Excellent results and there was quite a bit of waterhemp pressure last year too. Weather conditions are almost identical this year....dry June after post spray.
I'm sort of wondering if we didn't bring up a bunch of weed seed by going conventional tillage. Also, didn't put anything down pre-plant this year, field was clean at planting because it was field cultivated, so just planned on total post early with the Lumax for residual.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)