AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HOW MUCH DOES GUIDANCE REALLY SAVE ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MikeInFrance
Posted 6/16/2006 11:40 (#19864 - in reply to #19838)
Subject: Re: HOW MUCH DOES GUIDANCE REALLY SAVE ?

Alsace 47°52'46"N 7°24'30"E

Farmboy99, your affirmation just is not correct!

Download trimble's planning software and check on the net for satelite availability, furthermore check on this forum, and you will see that there are some periods where GPS signal is not reliable enough to operate an autosteer from whatever manufactor!

This is inherent to the GPS technology, as the satelites are not geostationary, and satelite constellation has to be adequate for a reliable enough signal. As far as I know, EZ Steer requires a minimum of 4 satelites, but my memory may fail.

I have personally posted on this forum a test report over 30 hours non stop use where I experienced EZ Steer falling out because of unreliable GPS reception. As I suggested there, these fallout's are predictable with the planning software, and when the system just hasn't enough signal, a good planner should have scheduled a refill, a rest, a maintenance, or a manual operation without the steering assistance.

What I did not check, was if the signal was still sufficient for operating a light bar guidance.

Just my 0.02 €uros 

Edited by MikeInFrance 6/16/2006 11:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)