AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HOW MUCH DOES GUIDANCE REALLY SAVE ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mike treweeke
Posted 6/13/2006 04:47 (#19128 - in reply to #19124)
Subject: Re: HOW MUCH DOES GUIDANCE REALLY SAVE ?

Nth New South Wales Australia
I have about 5 years experience with Greenstar,first 3 manual,last two with autosteer.To date it has been almost trouble free(we don't have latest monitors)and the accuracy is good.Our planting is all broadacre with 15 inch spacings and long runs up to 2.5km and the SF2 signal gives us pass to pass runs that are hard to tell where the outside row is.Same tractor also does all spraying and the boom is 32meters wide and that is the swath width on the GPS,as the nozzle spacings are 50cm so overlap is minimal and constant @ 25cm,that is an area that they really start to pick up effiency versus sub meter systems or foam.
I now have some 200hrs up on our 4wd that has EZ Steer/Greenstar receiver and I 'm yet to be impressed,but some tweaking yet before I swear that it is not satisfactory.The one thing that has struck me about the Deere system is that on our 8420 it was easy to calibrate,does not need constant tweaking and does not give heartburn when coming back to the job after a few hrs/days like the trimble system which is not within a bulls roar and has to be nudged etc.Disclaimer here is that the EZ Steer is cheaper than the Deere autosteer(sf2)and it is to me proof that money does buy in this case performance and trouble free guidence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)