AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Double LL Farrowing house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Skipper
Posted 8/24/2007 22:47 (#192818 - in reply to #191697)
Subject: RE: Double LL Farrowing house

For 30 years we farrowed in outside facilties in pretty much draft free,heavly insulated houses with some specially designed pig protectors(rails--crate type pig protection without the caged effect) and other features that worked well for us.
ie;
grates to keep pigs in while allowing sows free access, house was not attached to base/floor for ease of cleaning by lifting house and scraping bedding off with loader,some with wire or tenderfoot(back then) that we bedded but could remove to clean out if needed, smooth metal exterior for maintenance free long life(some built in the 70's still used occasionally). Heat lights were used in the winter and with proper management "felt"like we could save pigs in any weather.??

We did build a few of these commercially 20or so years ago but with changing times there wasn't much demand for outside facilities.

Now the purpose for all this drival. We had some brouchers printedup that we still have. If anyone would like to have one for some ideas for their operation I could send them one but would like to cover mailing expense?? Maybe a self addressed stamped legal size envelope or something like that??? If I was more talented maybe I could scan some and post here but I don't have the time to figure that out tonight with my limited skills. Maybe none are interested?? Any comments or questions welcome.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)