AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dairy manure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

john holland
Posted 7/27/2007 20:33 (#179346 - in reply to #179321)
Subject: Re: dairy manure

SE MN
You must have everything you want in writing and get a lawyer involved, it is the only way to keep him honest.

Possible pitfalls:
He will want to spread when he wants to do it, meaning ruts/compaction if it is wet.

The manure is hard to account for if it is not evenly applied. Also be very skeptical about his promise to apply it evenly. If he does not have some kind of flow regulator and a procedure to get consistent lbs per acre, not to mention experience doing this, don't trust him. You should probably get his story then check it with local manure equipment dealer to see if he is pulling one on you as far as what he says he can do.

Are there any locals who will throw a fit about smell? I guess your land means you are responsible for that.

You should talk with an agronomist about maximum amount per acre. If the guy is short on land, he will bury your ground with manure and that is too much of a good thing.

The above assumes he is not to be trusted. If you can get him to be reasonable, free manure is a plus. The problem is that he can do a lot more damage than good.

I am not an expert, but this is what I can think of. Have a day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)