AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How often should I expect EZ Steer to go crazy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 5/24/2006 09:50 (#14408 - in reply to #14035)
Subject: Re: How often should I expect EZ Steer to go crazy?

Brazilton KS
It seems to me that our DGPS (specifically WAAS) performance has been somewhat irratic this year. We've got two units 9one centimetric and one 10m) running daily right now and while they have both mostly stayed within their advertised accuracy more often then not they have shown a lot more error then I have seen in past years. I have used the 10m unit for guidance over whole seasons with no problem in the past, been using it for simply job logging the last few weeks and it really has not been giving performance that would be satisfactory if I were trying to drive by it. I've had two occurances where I turned around and it suddenly plotted a pass a good 80' off of correct and then had the heading off by a few degrees so that the error was ~200' at the other end. It also seems to have spells where it will consistantly plot position ~5' either left or right of actual for several rounds, leaving coverage map looking like I'm driving narrow going one way and wide the other. I'm following corn rows so there really isn't much doubt about my actual swath width. I've been told that the centimetric unit has been throwing passes which are off several feet also to the tune of maybe five or ten occurances per day.....my experience with it in previous years has been more like five or ten per season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)