AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How smart is this guidance stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/22/2006 08:18 (#13944 - in reply to #13749)
Subject: RE: How smart is this guidance stuff?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ed- I don't know what you have for equipment but my rig with the Insight Direct Command and Raven Lightbar should be able to handle your field without much difficulty.

All my experience relates to row crops, I assume your situation does not. If this were my field with rows ( I guess it doesn't make a lot of difference), I would drive the perimeter of the field once or twice as you have indicated and then start with the long passes on the left. The AB line could be set on the first outer pass. From then on, the short portion on the left could be done and then progress to the right.

The beauty of the Insight DC system among other things is that the Auto Swath feature will turn the booms ON/OFF for you.

The onscreen coverage map is extremely handy for fields such as you describe. You have a "Zoomed In" view of where you are and what you have covered. You can tell at a glance if you have forgotten or missed an area of the field. The onscreen coverage map is very useful if you need to leave the field to fill or for repairs.

I don't even bother to use the Pause/Resume feature of the lightbar as the onscreen map will show me exactly where I've been and allow me to see where I need to return to. I can not overemphasize the convience of the onscreen map. A picture is worth a thousand abbrevations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)