AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How smart is this guidance stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/21/2006 11:59 (#13749)
Subject: How smart is this guidance stuff?

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Here's the problem for the day. This field measures 1 3/8 miles N-S and 1 mile E-W. When planting it, I make two rounds around the complete perimeter and then start at the extreme west edge, making N-S passes until I make my way to the east edge. If I was to spray it with a guidance equipped sprayer, I envision starting a headland pass at the NE corner, head west, set the A point near the north of the major west boundary, set the B point just before I turn west to spray the headland of the piece that jogs to the west, then continue with my headland pass around the field. Once I return to the NE corner, I'd start the second headland pass and use the A-B line to guide swath 1 along the west edge. I would again jog westward at the corner to complete my two headland passes. At the NE corner, I'd make a third headland pass along the north, but complete it and start the guided passes as swath 2 continues to the south end of the field. Once I reach the south edge, I'd envision spraying the SW jog with N-S passes that work their way westward until I reach the west edge. I'd then make a dead pass to the southern point of what would become swath 3 and continue spraying the field with progressive swaths guided by the A-B line, until I reach the furthest east border of the field.

So the question becomes: Is this stuff smart enough to adapt to how I want to do things, or do I have to change my plan to keep the machine happy?

(map.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments map.jpg (47KB - 1064 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)