AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VR3 issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 5/4/2006 08:37 (#9910 - in reply to #9297)
Subject: try this one

Here's an alterntive. We've got both the original VR3 and this one from Ziga. Although this one is a few dollars more I like it much better and we've never had any problems with it. It has a swivel joint that allows you to fold the pushbutton part down or to the side so it's not sticking straight out of your cig. plug. The way it's designed also lets you put a finger behind the unit when you are pushing one of the buttons which makes it easy. I have only used jump drives as large as 512 on it so I don't know if it's got a problem with 1 gig drives or not like the VR3.

The thing I like the most about it, when you unplug it for what ever reason and then plug it back in, it goes back to the same song you were playing before and does not start out at the first one again. Only thing that takes some getting used to is the pushbuttons work backwards from what we think of as normal. Right side is back up, left side is fast forward.

Here's a link to newegg.com where I got mine. At the time I bought mine I did a pricegrabber search and they were as cheap as anyone else on the same product. I've done business with them before and have never had a problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855131001

I don't use them that much, but I really disliked the fact the VR3 kept going back to track 1 everytime it lost power either intentionally or unintentionally. My kids use them al lthe time and always look for the Ziga, they have even threatened to "lose" the VR3.

One more thing, if you get one try and find jump drives that are thin and sleek. They tuck right into a slot that is in the back of the unit and fit very neat. If you get a jump drive that is fatter with a wide body they tend to make it a little more bulky. On the back where the jump drive plugs in the plug is on a swivel, if you have a large one you can swing it away from the mp3 player so it will fit, or if it's small it tucks right back down into the slot. (this is in addition to the swivel that lets you fold down the head of the unit)

Edited by Ray (ecks) 5/4/2006 08:50

(mp3 player.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mp3 player.jpg (27KB - 432 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)