AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gs2 updated now 4720 trouble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DaveM
Posted 5/6/2006 08:17 (#10269 - in reply to #9893)
Subject: Re: Gs2 updated now 4720 trouble

To USAfarmer, I'm wondering is it you $200,000. dollar sprayer that isn't working or the $5000. Display you purchased that isn't working. If you take the Display out and use your original GreenStar Display then the $200,000. dollar sprayer works just fine? Are you the kind of guy that would quit driving the New car when the cruise control quit working? When Windows 95 came out there was allot of hype about how good it was but do you remember how many times your computer locked up and you had to reboot because the program wasn't working with another program properly, and when you would call Microsoft the would charge you $25.00 for the phone call to maybe help you with the problem or tell you it wasn't their problem. I'm not saying this is right for them to do this but I am saying that this is the world we live in, that sometimes because of demand products get released before they are 100% ready and we are forced to live with the regrettable pains of getting to a finished product. I'm glad you have purchased green products but from your reply it sounds like this will be your last and I wish you the best of luck with your next color.
to SteveMIfarmer, Deere originally advertised what they intended the New GS2 displays to be capable of doing (as a finished product) but as the deadline quickly approached they saw that some of these things were not attainable by this deadline. There was a published letter in Jan/06 that detailed what would be the released capabilities of the Displays before they ever were delivered to any Dealerships and before you Purchased or Took delivery of your display the dealer should have explained what they would and would not be able to do upon the initial release. Deere had numerous classes around the country for farmers to attend were many of these points should have been brought out. As far as the "Closed Format" that Deere has using their machinery to lock in people to buy AMS products is a nice theory, they do offer the AMS products to complement their equipment line and I suppose you could call that a closed format but look at companies like Ag-Leader who do not sell equipment, They have made it in Deere's closed format and they sell only "AMS" type products like the Insight Display and the Direct Command, or their Combine Yield Package. they will fit any brand of equipment and have been in business for a long time, so its not impossible to throw your hat into the ring as Al Meyer's did with Ag-Leader Products or Ted Macy with Map-Shots or a whole list of others who had good ideas that were tired of putting up with the big companies and their big ways and decided to do it their way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)