AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZGuide/Steer GPS speed T setup ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 4/30/2006 22:39 (#9094 - in reply to #9046)
Subject: RE: EZGuide/Steer GPS speed T setup ?

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
We have now been experiencing more WAAS dropouts than normal also. They aren't long dropouts (10-15 seconds) and EZ steers right through them but they are aggravating. I'm almost certain they are caused by AOR-W's low elevation angle (11 degrees) here in our hills. Tractor roll and pitch can exceed 11 degrees on some hills, that puts AOR-W below our antenna backplane. We have requested firmware update for EZ that allows the new WAAS satellite (18 degree elevation here) to be used with EZ but have gotten no response, yet.

Connecting steering valve wires to wrong connector is probably not good thing to do.

I'm hoping you will have it all fixed by tomorrow, then we can expect report on planting with Trimble autopilot on wheeled tractor. I'm curious if the 3 axis terrain compensation (T3) Trimble is using for autopilot gives better RTK ground track performance than the 2 axis (iTC) terrain compensation Deere appears to be using in their RTK autotrac system. We haven't invested in any RTK autodrivers yet, but we plan on as soon as we can get that free RTK service that Don Glenn keeps hinting about ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)