AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback S2 e-drive must be good, no complaints on here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 4/30/2006 10:36 (#8897 - in reply to #8773)
Subject: RE: Outback S2 e-drive must be good, no complaints on here?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Poorboy - 4/29/2006 21:20

I have a local dealer that is selling lots of S2 outbacks and e-drive running on waas. Don't here much about them on the forums. Is this because they are almost trouble free and easy to use?

Looking for the pros and cons of e-drive and S2 for air drill seeding and spraying in a high clearance sprayer at 15-20 mph.

thank you.

I have an old Outback S lightbar system, and it has really worked well for all the years I have used it. The only problem, was there is no "terrain compensation" or "tilt" feature, so if you have terraces or hills it can be off a bit. All of the skips I have had when spraying or planting with my air seeder, have been when coming down off of terreraces,,,so you just learn to compensate when going over terraces. l looked long and hard at upgrading to the Outback S2 and Edrive, but the lack of tilt compensation steered me away. If I was going to spend the extra money, then I was going to go with JD, Trimble, or Raven, which have the tilt features added. All in all, the outback system is easy to operate, as I watched several in operaton, and if you are in flat terrain, then I can see where they would work wonderfully.
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)