AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LT57
Posted 4/29/2006 19:01 (#8726 - in reply to #8721)
Subject: RE: Apex Software

North Central, IL
The software assigns a legend color to each variety of corn. What do you do when it assigns the same color on 3 different varieties on a map. What do you do when you tell the screen the soil temperature is 59degrees and it decide to enter a report of 46 degrees. relative humidity is entered at 50 % and the report comes out at 8%. This software does not have the ability to transfer entered information and place it in the computer with the same info as the the equipment. It likes to edit things on its own. I took the pc card and had to edit the info and placed in JD office the figures were the same as entered. Formatted the pc cards with windows XP placed the setup info on them from apex and discovered they would not work. Had to find an old laptop with windows 98 and deere helped me on their support to get them reformated with the old laptop to work with my displays. Deere felt since I had setup info on a pc card from Jd Office that is why the info was not transfering. Used a clean PC card with setup from Apex, ran the planter and everything came back pretty much wrong. Deere has a major issue on this to deal with. The planting info records from field doc are not correct, cannot be used as reliable info and thank god that I kept records separate and entered those on the old spreadsheet for a back up plan. There is more than what I had briefly mentioned wrong but do not feel like elaborating any more. Hopefully this gives you an idea. Deere is a fine company for the most part. I do have a lot of sympathy for the people working in the AMS division to deal with irrate customers. It is not their fault. CAn you imagine using this program with it being tied to your finances. HELLO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)