AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VRFM9 - Saga continues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/30/2006 16:09 (#8986 - in reply to #8963)
Subject: RE: VRFM9 - Saga continues...jump drive?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the offer Ron. I have one more idea to try. I have yet another brand of jumpdrive that I have not tried with the new unit.

Just today, I noticed that these VR3 folks make a complete radio that about does it all. It can play AM, FM, Regular CDs, MP3 CDs, SD cards with WMAs or MP3s and the USB connection for WMAs or MP3s.

I noticed on the cover of the box that the USB drive that they show (it doesn't come with one) did say high speed USB 2.0 on it. Possibly this is my problem. Maybe the old MP3 player will tolerate a slower drive than the new one.

The directions for this radio indicate that if files are in the Root Directory they will be played first and then the subdirectories. I believe this is the same scheme for the newer device I refer to. I purposely put one song in the Root Directory and then created two directories for two different artists. The unit played the song in the root directory and then proceeded to play all the songs in the first directory and then the songs in the other directory. This seems consistent with what you have observed.

Edited by tedbear 4/30/2006 20:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)