AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drilling with EZ-Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 4/28/2006 08:25 (#8326 - in reply to #8299)
Subject: Re: Drilling with EZ-Steer

Leesburg, Ohio
We are using WAAS on this unit. Last year we had to nudge it once in a while. Seemed to take spurts of needing nudges...it would be OK for three hours, and then for a few rounds we would have to nudge it two or three times per pass. Then it would be fine for a few more hours. I attributed it to the WAAS signal doing strange things. I upgraded to t2, but have only had it in the field long enough to calibrate on the sprayer tractor. Looks good so far. Had a little drift after it sat for a couple hours, but seemed very smooth.
We have actually put an Outback on the drill tractor for this year, mainly because deere's plastic steering column on the 8300 won't take the weight of the EZ motor. We're running that tractor on a finisher right now, and my son says he thinks it will work good on the drills.
We use beacon on an older lightbar and PF3000 on the planter tractor, and it will wander occasionally, too, but usually only around trees,etc. I'm heading to the field with it this morning for the first time this season. Finally dry enough!
Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)