AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez steer with 252 omnistar calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

alange
Posted 4/23/2006 00:21 (#7076 - in reply to #7038)
Subject: Re: ez steer with 252 omnistar calibration

Sunnyvale, CA
the latest version of firmware for the EZ-Guide Plus is 3.10. is that what you re using? also, do you have T2 installed? I assume that you do have T2 from your post, but I'd rather know for sure. Have you run the EZ-Calibration wizard? (if you do, don't reset the parameters when you enter the wizard so you can make changes from your current settings.)

where is the antenna located? as far forward as possible helps on some vehicles.

have you increased the freeplay about 0.2 inches at a time to see if that helps. some Rogator users have higher values, and if there is any wear in your steering components, your tractor may also need higher numbers.

if you increase your angle per turn a few degrees at a tiime you will reduce the tendency for the system to oscillate. when you make changes only change one parameter at a time, because when two parameters are changed, they might fight each other and you might never find the correct settings. also make small changes each time and then test to see if performance has improved.

Convergence time of Omnistar does depend upon the constelation and number of satellites available at that particular moment in time. the amount of time for convergence changes continuously as the GPS satellites are continuously moving. during times when there are fewer satellites and the DOP (Diluiton of Position) is high, then Omnistar convergence time will increase. Autoseed is useful in reducing this convergence time to a few minutes. see the other thread about 30 hours where I went into more details about Mission planning to find times of high DOP
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)