AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez steer with 252 omnistar calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Opie
Posted 4/22/2006 22:03 (#7038 - in reply to #6955)
Subject: Re: ez steer with 252 omnistar calibration

West Central Indiana
I'm having that same problem. I'm running a Ro-Gator with OmniStar XP and am having a terrible time getting it to stop wandering around. Even with the XP, it will drift off over a foot sometimes. If we weren't lined up right on the swath it would oscilite so hard that it would finally disengage. If we lined up less than a foot off swath and engaged, it would bring it online fairly decent and hold it. Most of the time it is within about 3" to 5", but it just seems to wander a lot more than it did last year when it very seldom went past 3" max. I've seen a lot of these systems hold that good of accuracy with a WAAS signal. We updated to the latest firmware on the EZ-Steer, EZ-Guide and 252 receiver, and are seeing much worse performance than last year without T2. Also, waited an hour tonight for XP to converge. I thought the latest 252 firmware was supposed to cut that down to 10-20 minutes??? Just completely frustrated right now after spending about 3 hours riding back forth in a machine that isn't working right .

The numbers we're working with:
Freeplay: 2.6 for both left and right
Aggressiveness: 130%
Angle Turn: 21
Tilt Degree: 1.2

We did lengthen the wheelbase from 164 to 180 tonight, and that seemed to help a little bit, but we still don't have something right.
Any help would slow down my graying hair.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)