AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

newagtalk cookbook????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

martin
Posted 9/8/2009 09:17 (#839142 - in reply to #838866)
Subject: RE: another guy's point of view

While we are tossing out "guy's point of view"......

I do have several cookbooks of the type described here.... cookbooks from churches, etc.  that are put together as fund-raising for the organization, etc.

If a cookbook was put together, I would be interested in purchasing one......... if I thought it had good value, and particularly if I thought it had unique recipes that I would want to try.  From my perspective, most of these types of cookbooks tend to have simple recipes, different from, say, Betty Crocker and Better Homes and Garden type cookbook.  (Not intending to disparage these commercial cookbooks - just pointing out the difference.)

Now, I have a suggestion for Betsy and Judythe.....   don't let this get overwhelming......  I see a lot of ideas, and if all is followed, the project might be "too much"........  it might be good to start with just one cookbook; and if it goes well, maybe you can try a second one - with a different slant to it - a bit down the road.  I wouldn't try to target it to "special needs" or whatever, just accept what recipes are sent in, and see how it all develops.  If it tends to be heavy on desserts and a bit light on casseroles, or vice-versa, so be it.  It is/will be a reflection of the recipes that are donated. 

Just my thoughts on the topic.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)