AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Set me up here - MP3 player, modulator, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/17/2006 07:42 (#5848 - in reply to #5790)
Subject: RE: Set me up here - MP3 player, modulator, etc

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a couple of the units that Ed describes along with several jumpdrives. I got these items at my local Wal-Mart but they are available elsewhere.

The first style cost about $30 and it really works pretty well. Saturday, I applied NH3 pretty much all day long and used my MP3 FM modulator in the 8310 rather than listen to local radio. Saturday's seem the worst for local radio as they do so many "on site remotes".

Just yesterday I picked up a newer style MP3 FM modulator from the same company at my local Wal-Mart.

This one was around $50 but can play both the USB jumpdrives like the other model and also SD cards (like my Nikon camera uses). Unfortunately the one I picked up does not recognize my jumpdrives but it works well with the SD card. I plan on returning it today to try another one. The new model
"remembers" the FM station you used last and also has a small (at least for my old eyes) display.

The display gives the song title and artist if the original had the ID3 information included. The new device can handle the songs in either the MP3 or WMA format. I have not tried it in the WMA format yet. The new model allows you to pick an FM station in the lower or upper end of the FM band. The new model also has a tiltable head for easier viewing. The unit is built quite lightly and care should be taken in handling it.

I do not buy any tunes off of the online services but convert tunes from CD's. There are many software programs available that can do this conversion with varying amounts of compression. I find that the 128K rate is a good one for me.

I believe the posters here have concluded that 512 was about the limit for the jumpdrive model discussed by Ed. I don't know what the limit is for this newer model but my gut reaction is that is would be similar. I tested the new model with a 512 SD card out of my camera and it seemed fine.

Edited by tedbear 4/17/2006 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)