AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Set me up here - MP3 player, modulator, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

j.p
Posted 4/16/2006 23:25 (#5790)
Subject: Set me up here - MP3 player, modulator, etc

NWIL
I remember on the old board I noticed several discussions going on over the past 6-12 months about MP3 players and radio modulators and all that. Gave them a quick read, didn't let anything soak in as at the time I had no interest and didn't think it applied to me.

Times have changed, mainly brought about by not wanting to spend another year driving and working where there are no radio stations and only a diesel engine to listen to. Last year I got along since my truck had a CD player, now I don't have one with the truck I drive, as well as the machinery that I jump in and out of doesn't have players either. Let me tell ya, in New Mexico, Saskatchewan, Wyoming, there are LOTS of areas where I can't even get Kelly Clarkson on the radio.

What I want is you guys that have been down this road to fill me in on just what I want/need while getting the best bang for the buck. I have no MP3 player, no modulator, nothing.

Ideally I'd want it to be very quick, painless, and think free to move from one vehicle to another, wouldn't eat batteries the same way I eat candy, and would have the option to allow me to plug in my laptop, CD player, whatever else there is in addition to the MP3 player. I don't want to spend an outrageous amount, but I'm also not willing to go really bare bones and end up with a pile of crap that won't get used.

While sat. radio is an option that lots of people love, I don't want to go that route. I've tried it, and whenever possible I like to listen to the local radio, screwy as that is.

Any ideas? plowboy, Ron, Von, others I've read from before on this topic, I know you can help me out.

Edited by j.p 4/16/2006 23:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)