AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Money and Kids ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KristinaM1119
Posted 9/2/2009 14:25 (#833094 - in reply to #832178)
Subject: Re: Money and Kids ????

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Actually giving her the cash, so she can see it, and the item cost, might help. Also I usually tell her that if she is good she can have a small item. I never tell her an amount. So I will try that too.

I think the biggest thing is that she has it figured out that I HATE telling her no. And since she is not my child, it makes it even harder.

MadMax: Do it. I had wanted to do it for a few years and finally decided that while I am single and have no kids of my own, Now was the time. The requested amount is something like 4 hours every other week. But I usually hang out with her for a few hours after work once a week. It is not a huge commitment. And you see its all worth while when you drop the kid off at home and she runs screaming (excitedly) to mom saying guess what we did. It is amazing how small things like helping me bake cookies, making a paper princess crown, or watching a movie (with no interruptions) means so much, but coming from a large family, it is something that she misses out on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)