AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Money and Kids ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 9/1/2009 18:48 (#832218 - in reply to #832209)
Subject: Re: Money and Kids ????

Eastern Nebraska
When you talk with her and tell her that it is to much or to pick ouit something little do you give her a set amount? First when you go to the store establish ground rules before you go...1. If she asks for something she gets nothing. That is a bad habit they get into thinking that they need something everytime they go to the store. 2. If she can have something tell her before you go to the store and tell her a price limit. If she is 6 almost 7 she will have some concept of how to read a price.... if not this a good educaitonal opportunity for her. 3. Does she get everything she wants at home?? Kind of sounds like it. For big things such as the amusement park... that is a once a summer trip. It was a special trip to celebrate summer. Maybe you can plan a picnic in the park as a reward for good grades in the first part of school. Big things are rewards for doing something. She probably does not understand the concept of a large amount of money or how much something truly cost but she can learn that you have to work to get things..... there is nothing worng with that. I hope this helps. I have used these with my now 8 year old son and he knows before we ever go to the store... now he asks one time and one time only. Sometimes it is no because it is not in my budget as a single parent and sometimes it is yes. Following these three simple guides though has made a world of difference and it is actually nice now to take him to the store. They can learn. My son broke his NIntendo about 2 months ago when he became upset with the game.... he has ADHD and did not choose to use self-control.... I refused to go out and buy him another one. He gathered his games decided which ones he would sell back to GameStop and sold enough to pay for most of the cost of a used (new to him) Nintendo. No I did not replace the games... he will get some for birthdays and Christmas... He is much more aware of the cost of the Nintendo because he had to give up 19 games to get it. H eonly has a few left.... there are conseuqnecs to our actions.... He takes care of this one. They can learn and it is not to young to start.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)