AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you ladies do it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 8/30/2009 21:40 (#830392)
Subject: How do you ladies do it?

I mean if you’re like my wife, how do you know the exact time to call your husband or boyfriend when it is the most inconvenient time for him to answer his cell phone. For example this past week I was putting on anhydrous ammonia on wheat fields. Every time my wife called here was the scenario. I was about three seconds away from the end of the field when I had to flip the master switch off to stop the flow of anhydrous, flip the switch to raise the applicator, turn the steering wheel, push the auto steer button, flip the switch to lower the applicator, and finally flip the master switch on to start the flow of anhydrous, and all of these have to be done at just the right time or the wheat field will look ugly next spring. By this time my phone has rung four or five times and when I answer my wife hears a little stress in my voice and she says, “Are you okay honey?” 99.9 % of the time when I’m on the tractor both hands are free and I’m just sitting there listening to the radio. Why can’t she call then? Or when we are harvesting, I’m unloading on the go, my phone rings, the grain cart is almost full, I need enough on it to fill a semi but I sure don’t want to spill any grain, or when I’m working in the shop my hands are all greasy from replacing a worn out bearing, yep the phone rings, I don’t even have to look, I know it has to be my lovely wife. Don’t get me wrong I love when my wife calls me when I’m working, it makes the day go faster and I always tell her she can call me anytime, but how does she know the exact time when I have both hands busy to call me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)