AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another tip for the girls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Don Kraft
Posted 8/30/2009 13:23 (#829890)
Subject: Another tip for the girls

Carolyn and I recently celebrated our 50th and our 3 children reserved a room in one of Tulsa finer restuarants and hired a limo to carry all 17 of us to and from the place. Unneccessary extravagance but they wanted to do it.

The second best part of the evening was a slide show of our childhood and 50 years of marriage. We spent 12 years going to school together as well as church and confirmation classes. The pictures extended through our wedding and our kids growing up and making families of their own. Each new grandchild became another feature as they were born and growing up.

My daughter and grand daughter produced this show along with appropriate back ground music to accompany the slides. Hours and days of compiling photos and arranging them in proper order. They bought a program specifically for the purpose but I don't know which one.

Anyway this is an amazing gift. The best in my memory accept perhaps the gift of my wife and my exceptional kids. If you have someone getting along i n life or perhaps approaching the end, it is a wonderful gift of a life story or a life well lived. One would have to have a heart of stone not to be touched by the show. Do it for your parents or grandparent or someone you really love. They will appreciate it and you will have self satisfaction.

The best part?? The wonderful tribute bestowed on me by my loving wife.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)