AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For amsunshine and ILOVECH a recipe for Christmas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 8/27/2009 21:36 (#827009)
Subject: For amsunshine and ILOVECH a recipe for Christmas

Saw you were both mentioning the red and green cherries used around Christmas time and thought I would share a recipe that is a favorite here.

This was a recipe given to my Mother by a lady that lived to be over 100 years old. Everyone assumes it's like a fruitcake and gets turned off due to their bad reputation at holiday times.  I can assure you it's nothing like those types of fruitcakes. Smile

For best results bake in a Pyrex glass type bread pan otherwise it is notorious for tearing the bottom out of your loaves when baked in a metal pan even if it's greased or if your using parchment paper.

It ages well (if it lasts that long) and I think it is best after refrigerated for a couple days.

One other note on the recipe where it says she used maraschino cherries in place of the figs. We like adding about 2/3 of a cup of candied cherries cut in half usually ½ red ones and ½ green ones. This makes a colorful delicious dessert for the holidays.

Also tend to stay near the 325° mark for the hour time, Checking with a toothpick frequently making sure to not overcook.

Wish I had some pictures to share but it never lasts that long.

It's called the "Gift of the Magi Bread"

Edited by Von WC Ohio 8/27/2009 21:38

(P8272998 (Large).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P8272998 (Large).jpg (84KB - 585 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)