AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky Blue Five Pixresizer tutorial
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 8/17/2009 21:03 (#814702)
Subject: Blue Five Pixresizer tutorial

Here is the Blue Five Pixresizer

You will need to download the pixresizer and install it first.

This is what you should see when you open it. You should select the "work with one file tab" and then click on "load picture" see picture A circled in red below.

Now you need to browse to the location on your computer where the picture is that you want to resize. When you find the picture double click on it. See picture B circled in red below.

Next the Pixresizer should preview the picture that you selected. On the right you can see the size that the picture is   808kb. On the left you want to select the size that you want it to be and make sure that the jpg option is checked. You will need to try several to see what percentage size you need. Try the 33% size first. If your pictures are extremely large (several megabytes) you may need to use the custom size option. You fill in one of the numbers and the other is automatically calculated to keep things in proportion. Once you have checked your options click the "save picture" option. See picture C circled in red below.

Next you should see a window open that is the same folder that your original picture came from. It will also show the name of the picture you are going to save with the new size in ( ) after the file name. You will now have your original picture and a resized version of the same one. This is good because it does not alter your original picture. Click the "save" button . See picture D circled in red below.

Now you will see a notice come up that the picture was saved press the "ok" button. See picture E circled in red below.

Now you are ready to post here. Either create a new post or reply to one. Type in your text and when finished put a check in the little box where it says "check box to attach file (<100Kb)" then click "submit".This is picture F circled in red below.

Now you should see a page like picture G. You want to click on the "browse" button to find the resized picture on your computer. This is much like using windows explorer.

Once you have found the image you want to upload (remember it will have the size in parenthesis after it) by browsing double click it and it should attach it for uploading. Then you need to click on the "submit" button circled in red in picture H. You can continue to add pictures until you are finished.

When your done adding pictures be sure to click on the "I'm done click to post"  as shown in picture I and circled in red.

Now after all these screenshots you will see the picture we resized from approx. 808 kb down to around 55kb. There is little visual difference from the original and most of the detail and colors appear unaffected from the original.

If you are still having trouble drop me an email removing the NOSPAM found in my email address. I hope the visual screenshots will help make it easier than just reading the words of how to do this.  

Edited by Von WC Ohio 8/17/2009 21:08

(A.jpg)

(B.jpg)

(C.jpg)

(D.jpg)

(E.jpg)

(F.jpg)

(G.jpg)

(H.jpg)

(I.jpg)

(P7280108 (755 x 565).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A.jpg (69KB - 4094 downloads)
Attachments B.jpg (70KB - 4089 downloads)
Attachments C.jpg (72KB - 4191 downloads)
Attachments D.jpg (116KB - 4101 downloads)
Attachments E.jpg (70KB - 4034 downloads)
Attachments F.jpg (108KB - 4075 downloads)
Attachments G.jpg (36KB - 4064 downloads)
Attachments H.jpg (86KB - 4114 downloads)
Attachments I.jpg (64KB - 3999 downloads)
Attachments P7280108 (755 x 565).jpg (54KB - 4099 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)