AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere SCV coupler fiasco
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

crg530
Posted 6/1/2023 22:33 (#10253231)
Subject: John Deere SCV coupler fiasco

Northern CA
I happened to have two of my 8000 series tractors need new couplers on the SCVs this spring. One 8345r and one 8520. My local independent mechanic happened to have eight OEM ones on his truck so I could keep planting, then they started failing on the 8520 so I tried to get some from Deere.

My dealer informed me there's 5000 of these couplers on back order from Deere, and they offered me aftermarket A&I couplers. I didn't think this would be a big deal and put eight of them in.

Well they've been failing after about 30 minutes of use. Six of the 8 are unusable after a day or two of use. They leak so bad that it leaves a puddle of hydraulic oil under the tractor. Also the implements leak down in a few seconds and the hoses constantly pop out. My dealer will credit me if I bring them back but my tractor is a boat anchor until there's a solution.

Maybe one of you has an idea, I don't think the OEM couplers are rebuildable but maybe they are? Also have tried turning down the flow and the male end couplers are brand new so that's not the issue either.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)