AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrical Engineers, need educated on 12volt solenoids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 6/1/2023 16:04 (#10252619)
Subject: Electrical Engineers, need educated on 12volt solenoids

2 years back I bought a home made bale spike that goes on a flat bed a guy built in Iowa, it goes over center and puts the bale farther up on the truck compared to most, we moved alot of hay with it and it works good. They had it setup to run the 12volt pump with a wire you run up through the window to the cab. That thing annoyed me, so I got one of those remote 12volt winch controllers at Hazard Fraught, cut the wires apart, tested everything to know what went where, added a 12volt solenoid for both the up and down sides(I think they were for snow plow pumps, I had them in my stash). It worked great and we used it last year like that. The little fob was alot nicer to run with the manual shifter in the pickup than the original one on a cord. After we got everything moved where it had to go last year, we pulled it off the truck, put it on a skid, covered the motor, and it set out under a trailer all winter.....................Flash forward to a few weeks ago, I get it out, found the pump motor wasn't sealed up well, so had to take it apart and clean everything. Got it working well, jumping my solenoids with 12volt power, but my fob wouldn't work, the pump would cycle on/off quickly with the wireless pushed. Figured the board for the wireless control got water in it, so got another one and put it on, same thing. Put the cord back on it, works fine? My question is, since it worked previous, and still works now but needs the corded version to do so, did my solenoids get moisture in them needing more amps to work right with the direct wire, but the wireless one doesn't flow enough? Would it pay to put a relay in on each one activated by the wireless fob which would power these continous duty solenoids? I would like my wireless setup back, but don't want to go through this every year when it sits.

Edited by TP from Central PA 6/1/2023 16:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)