AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody else have wild guess rows this year with SF-2?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J.L.
Posted 5/31/2023 15:50 (#10251107)
Subject: Anybody else have wild guess rows this year with SF-2?

Iowa
Got done post spraying all the corn so I found all of this springs screw-ups.

Started planting corn on the morning of 4-12. 1/2 mile rows straight north and south. Whole 50 acre field has like 12" spacing to rows almost touching on the guess rows.

Moved around noon on 4-12 to another field 5 miles away. Straight east and west rows and they turned out perfect as did the other two fields planted that day and the next. I set flags and did two practice passes on 4-11 before we started planting and the guess rows were right on.

No settings were changed during any of this and we didn't even know we had a problem on that one field until I went to spray it.

Started planting on the morning of 4-28 and did notice this time that we had 50" guess rows after a couple rounds going both ways straight east and west. Stopped did a TCM cal. and saw no more problems all the way through corn and bean planting.

11th season with this same setup and it's been pretty trouble free until this hickup. First couple years we planted with the markers down all the time because we didn't trust it and wanted a visual indicator that the spacing was right. Never had any problems so we started leaving them up. Got along several years without any issues.

Autotrac ready 8120/ 1800 display/ SF3000/ SF-2 signal /16-30" planter Central Iowa/ Flat to gently rolling ground. All passes where straight as an arrow like always just the guess row got screwed up. Saw one pass where the guess row looked good then all of a sudden it veered over within a few feet and drove nice and straight but the guess row was down to probably 12 inches or so.

Any ideas on what I should check out before next year? To me this seems like a signal problem out of my control since the the problem comes and goes. Thanks for any help.

Edited by J.L. 5/31/2023 16:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)