AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are All Family Farms Complicated? My Situation…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jackofall26.2
Posted 5/31/2023 15:53 (#10251109 - in reply to #10250857)
Subject: RE: Are All Family Farms Complicated? My Situation…

Southern Indiana
It’s true that everyone is disconnected, nobody ever likes to talk about anything too serious, and if I bring it up or try to talk about something it gets brushed under the rug like my mom’s health issues for example… I started out farming and I want to finish farming, it bothers me more every spring and fall not being a key player… My wife would like to play a part in it and be supportive, but as of right now all it does is cause her aggravation and cause us to be cash poor since we dump most of our income in land payments… I have one sister who lives in a far away land but her interests stray far away from agriculture…. Dad definitely will farm as long as he’s breathing and is too hard headed to let go, but as of right now he probably enjoys it best with probably his best cash flow of his life. Honestly though he likes to farm and I don’t know what he would do with his time if he didn’t… He’s mentioned before about a bigger drill or planter but thinks it’s too late in the game to change now… There was an area family farm that split in two that we were talking about and I mentioned how family farms can be like that sometimes… He kind of laughed and said he was thankful I’ve made my own way for myself… He then said people ask him all the time when he’s gonna transition things over and whatnot, he says it’s not that I don’t want you to farm, but you’ve got a good career… Said worry about being a lineman first and farming later… I’d rather farm above all else career wise… But I guess I’m just going with the flow for now…
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)