AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wet wheat and the elevator.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 5/31/2023 00:15 (#10250308)
Subject: Wet wheat and the elevator.

Texas
Our wheat is slow to dry and irradic moisture when cutting this year. We’ve only had a couple days here and there between rains ti cut.
Nearest elevator to me who I prefer to do business with has new management and they are being really picky.

I sent my wife last week with a load that was 16, one variety in a test plot, 50 bu and they turned her back. I dumped on top and sent it back at 13. I had hauled 2 13.X loads that day before.
They were closed Monday for holiday. But I loaded my wagons and the one I dropped off last night was 16.3. 200 bu in it. I text the guy down the road and he said bring it so I hauled it 10 miles and they took it 15.6. So I hauled the rest of my wagons there and most were 12.X

Local elevator was closed at 5 and I was cutting 12.X wheat. I know everyone on the board, one is hauling same place as me and 2 have parked machines. One hasn’t started and another I don’t know about.
The place is going up shut down if they don’t buy some wheat. I want them to stay alive, but we have a 3 day window with no rain and I need my wheat out. My grain won’t make a difference to them financially, but I’ve seen a lot of familiar faces dumping down the road today.

What’s the deal? Why don’t they just dock us and dry the wet wheat?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)