AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Progression
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/31/2023 07:09 (#10250452 - in reply to #10250364)
Subject: RE: Progression

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

It weighs about 900 lbs. more than a top trim Toyota Highlander. I'm not sure if that includes a tank of gas on the Toyota. The Tesla weighs about one paper clip more when fully charged, as opposed to when it is nearly out of charge. E=MC2 and all that. 18 gal of gas weighs about 100 lbs.
I'm told that a Tesla will require more frequent tire changes if you are one of those, who enjoys pushing harder on the skinny pedal to see what 670 electric horsepower will do. Toyota makes 265 HP so application of skinny pedal is not as satisfying and is thus, less likely to be used. Windshield wiper blades and washer fluid need to be maintained just like a regular car. The car has coolant but it runs at lower temps and low pressure so no routine maintenance there. Cabin air filter may need replacement after a few years, depending on conditions. I think, somewhere around 100K miles, you might need motor and final drive oil & filter changed. 
Both the S and X use full air suspension with no springs or shocks. Both ride height and firmness can be set with the screen on the dash. There is still a bit of harshness on sections of some roads but that is mostly due to the low profile tires that are used on about everything these days. Due to the low center of gravity that comes with a 1,000 poundish battery mounted on the floor the car handles nicely in curves with no tendency to lean. Insurance rating folks gave up on the rollover test for the X, as they couldn't get the car to roll. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)