AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of kuhns accumulator questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 5/30/2023 10:20 (#10249347 - in reply to #10249271)
Subject: RE: A couple of kuhns accumulator questions

SW Ohio
I am not familiar with the Kuhn system but here is what I do with a Steffen 950, which has four-four and two turned perpendicular to create a cross tie. I like two bale lengths plus one width (flat with strings up) to be a little less than 96", that way it fits well on an 8' wagon or truck, so a 14x18 means length needs to be 35-37" long. The table drops them with a little bit of "looseness" in the block, which works to your advantage when stacking the bottom layers and as you go up you can squeeze them together a bit to get a taper in the load top to bottom. The blocks have the two cross bales on one end so I alternate that tie from side to side each layer, and the top layer I grab four and put on the other side of the two to make the cross tie in the center, this is the top layer and two ropes thrown from front to back a foot or so in from the outside is all it takes to secure the load, even at eight layers.
Here you can see it in action and see a load in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnIUEkhMFs
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)