AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of kuhns accumulator questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Josh in Pa
Posted 5/30/2023 09:11 (#10249271)
Subject: A couple of kuhns accumulator questions

s.e. Pa
We are using a kuhns af10 this year for the first time. We baled 650 bales Saturday to try it out for the first time. It worked pretty well, but there is definitely a learning curve. First question, can you bale single raked windrows with it and a new holland baler? We were baling some that were about 1-1/2 swaths of a 10’ mower and it worked ok, but seemed like a single 10’ swath might be too tight. We have some real heavy Timothy hay to bale that we would normally rake single. 2nd question is bale size. We were making 32” bales. If I crowd them a little with the grabber when I pick them up, the grabber sticks out farther than the bales. To stack in the barn, I would have to grab the pack with the front of the grapple, rather than going all the way in. Is there a trick for this or do most people make 36” bales so this isn’t a problem? How do you strap or tie down loads? We have 20’ wagons and I bought some 50’ straps to go front to back. It works good, but it’s time consuming. Is there a better way?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)