AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vegtable crops and Dual
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 5/28/2023 13:13 (#10246973)
Subject: Vegtable crops and Dual

East Central Arkansas

As many of you know I normally raise a fairly big truck patch garden for our use and friends and neighbors. The row crop farm just hasn't allowed us the time to get our garden in yet. Garden has been kept clean with burndown sprays but no type of residual pres have been used. Ground still needs working and then bedded so I can plant and will need rain before I actually plant anything. I know most everything I will raise that Dual can be used on but also know some things I don't want any incorporated in the row before planting. Over  the years I have read and studied label and used more different products than most. I know on my cucurbits it's applied after planting and in row middles. So much I can't remember off the top of my head anymore and steady adding different products we use in the row crops. I only use the low rates of Dual in the truck patch as often the same ground will have two different crops per year. So I know it will be several days and a rain before I get anything planted. I am thinking 12 oz rate over the beds after bedding. That low rate seems to hold most stuff back enough I can keep it fairly cleaned up. Beds will be harrowed off before planting so a good bit of that rate will end up in the middles. Will I be alright with direct seeded summer squash, watermelon and cantaloupes or should I just wait until after planting? It's time to get started with irrigation in the row crops so never know when we will get back to the garden. So many weeds the burndown sprays I can use want control. Just though some of you can give me a refresher course but I will read and reread labels. Probably end up spraying part and not on part then just but what crops can go where.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)