AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corner crossing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 5/29/2023 08:52 (#10247870 - in reply to #10246966)
Subject: RE: Corner crossing

C IL

Seems like a pretty good summary of the situation.  The private owner’s politics or wealth or attitude are not the issue.  Property rights vs the public good is the issue.  And the public attitude is evolving.

I’m 38, I used to think all the big decisions had already been made and were in the history books, but I have seen these decisions about public good vs private property evolve in front of my eyes.  The Kelo Supreme Court decision, decisions by the IL legislature to prioritize fashionable energy developments over pre-existing easements, decisions by the IL Legislature passed down to the Executive Branch to allow eminent domain for the benefit of private companies to achieve fashionable/popular policy outcomes, questions about how much air space you should control above your property when it comes to drones, and now how much air space private landowners in Wyoming control above the land surface.  Whether or not the owners of private telecommunication lines should be able to prioritize traffic (net neutrality).  And on and on.

There are lots of opinions, and lots of downstream consequences.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)