AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a master set of AB lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/28/2023 08:41 (#10246639 - in reply to #10246471)
Subject: RE: Making a master set of AB lines

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was in the same situation and could have driven the rig right down the property line in several fields but not all due to power lines, fence lines etc. I temporarily changed the offset to the distance between the outside edge of the left front outer dual and the center of the tractor I was using. I used that for all fields, even those where I could have driven centered on the property line. The result was the saved AB lines were the property lines.

If I drove any of my vehicles (tractors, sprayer, combine with the normal offset of zero) on those AB property lines they would be centered on the line.

Then when I use the lines, I don't have to think about whether I should offset a different amount for a different field. Since the saved AB line is the property line and the tractor, sprayer, whatever has the correct offset for its GPS compared to its center, I only need to shift my AB line half the width of that day's implement. For planting next to power lines, I might use a bit more than half the width to give me a bit more breathing room beside those permanent obstructions. Another option is to swing wide around the poles and then go back to the shifted AB line.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)